Booking Terms and Conditions
You acknowledge that by making a booking, you are bound by our terms and conditions.
All arrangements are made subject to the following terms and conditions and by paying a booking deposit the Holidaymaker is confirming that he/she accepts and agrees to be bound by these booking conditions. Telephone transactions where debit/credit card details have been supplied are also considered as meeting this requirement. When you book accommodation either via the Internet or telephone, your booking is confirmed immediately and it is at this time a binding contract comes into existence and you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. You must be at least 21 years old to make a booking with us, please note that single sex parties or groups of young adults (under 21) may only be accepted at selected accommodation and we may require a higher refundable security/damage deposit. Email confirmation of your booking will be sent to you once the reservation deposit has been received and a confirmation email will also follow once full payment has been taken.
The contract is subject to these booking terms and conditions, all booking conditions will apply to each and every booking made with The Turquoise Collection. Once the contract is made, it is the accommodation providers' responsibility to provide you with what you have booked and it is your responsibility to pay for the accommodation in full before you travel.
All relevant documentation will be sent to you via email, it is important to check carefully all the details of your booking once you receive it. The Turquoise Collection will not be responsible for any information you do not receive, as a result of your failure to provide a valid e-mail address. Your contract with us will be governed by English Law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts at all times.
We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice which will take effect from the date of posting on the website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Continued use of the website or service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
The Lead Guest
- any specific passport, visa and health requirements are obtained.
- all members of your party, including infants, have a valid passport.
- you have adequate travel insurance to cover your holiday.
- the balance of your holiday is paid by the due date on your invoice.
- That the number of people occupying the property will not exceed the number stated on the holiday confirmation.
- That the property will be used solely for the purpose of the holiday by the holidaymaker and his/her party.
- To show due consideration for other parties (to include, but not limited to, refraining from abuses of the property and/or dangerous, offensive or rude behaviour to the property owner, his representative or any third parties such as neighbours)
- To keep the property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The property owner reserves the right to levy the holidaymakers occupancy and for any sub-sequential loss.
- To report as soon as possible to the property owner (or his representative) any breakages or damage caused by the holidaymaker during the holiday and to reimburse the property owner with the cost of replacement. The property owner reserves the right to make a claim against the holidaymaker for any repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
- To arrive at or after the stated check in time on the arrival day and to vacate the property by the stated check out time on the day of departure unless prior arrangements have been agreed with the property owner, The Turquoise Collection Ltd. and/or the holiday confirmation states otherwise.
- not allow any person other than guests booked and staying in the property for their holiday to use the facilities and amenities of the property.
- To notify all other members of the party of these undertakings.
- In the event of a breach of any of the undertakings set out, the property owner (or his representative), or The Turquoise Collection Ltd. can refuse to allow the Holidaymaker to take possession of the property or make the Holidaymaker leave the property before the end of the holiday. in either case the Holidaymaker shall be deemed to have cancelled the booking and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
The Holidaymaker agrees to take care around the property and gardens and consider the risks posed by balconies and swimming pools to children. Swimming pools should be accessed by the steps and not by jumping or diving in. Please take the time on arrival to familiarise yourself with the layout of the property and swimming pool depth. In particular if you are travelling with children, please take the time to point out to them any areas in which they should take particular care such as the pool or on balconies. Parents are responsible for the actions of their children at all times. Please ensure that children are not left unsupervised at any time during your holiday and take extra care with swimming pools, balconies, roads, unfenced areas, etc, as it is likely the accommodation will not have the same child precautions as you are accustomed to in your own home.
On your holiday please be just as vigilant as you would be at home and ensure you take sensible precautions to protect your belongings and personal safety. Like many resorts in the Mediterranean, unfortunately Kalkan has seen some Burglaries at villa and apartment accommodation in recent years. Whilst this is a relatively rare occurrence we ask our guests to be vigilant in ensuring accommodation is properly secured and all windows and terrace/ balcony doors are locked whenever the property is not occupied and at night. Additionally take care to lock your rental property when you are relaxing around the swimming pool or perhaps enjoying an afternoon snooze or siesta. Safes are provided at some property in the collection, but it should be noted that their use is entirely at guests own risk, and that safes cannot be relied upon to provide absolute security for their contents in the event of a burglary where there is sufficient intent. Adequate travel insurance is essential to cover your personal belongings - there are usually limitations placed on money and valuables so check your policy carefully. In the event that you should lose any items of value whilst on holiday through theft or otherwise, you must report the facts immediately to the local police or other competent authority and obtain a written report. If a report is not obtained it will be difficult for you to pursue any claim through your holiday insurance.
The ground surface inside and outside the accommodation may be wet due to the maid cleaning them on arrival, departure and any other day when the maid service is carried out. Be aware of the ground condition at all times and be cautious by taking the necessary steps to ensure your safety and especially that of children and the elderly. At other times, ground areas open to the elements or subject to dousing in water from the swimming pool may be wet and caution is required at all times.
Please be very careful with windows, especially full length glass patio doors. The glass may not be toughened and occasionally, in a strange environment, accidents occur more easily than they can do so at home.
Pools, garden and general maintenance
All properties on our website are maintained by the staff who have access to the pool/garden area. Gardens have to be maintained on a regular basis and it is simply not possible for this to be carried out on 'change-over' days. With regard to pool maintenance; pools are checked on a regular basis and this is normally carried out very early in the morning to avoid disruption to our customers. However, neither pool nor garden personnel have fixed hours, so it is not possible for us to advise you of the exact date or time of their visit. We ask for your cooperation when staff visit, as it is imperative to keep the properties well maintained for our clients' enjoyment throughout the year.
1. The Holidaymaker's (and all other members of the Holidaymaker's party's) personal belongings and vehicles (together with their contents) are left at the rental property entirely at their own risk.
2. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. shall accept no liability to the Holidaymaker for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever caused to the Holidaymaker or to the Holidaymaker's personal property (or to persons in the Holidaymaker's party or their personal property) during their stay at the rental property. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. does not accept any responsibility or liability for acts of omission of third parties which may prevent or disrupt a customer's booking. The booking contract exists between The Turquoise Collection Ltd. and the Holidaymaker and is limited to the rental of the property for a short period of time and associated services only. The information and descriptions supplied here are believed to be accurate and offered in good faith. Certain features or facilities may not be available from time to time due to circumstances beyond our control for which we accept no liability. Such situations may be dictated by local circumstances, necessity for maintenance or repair (eg: swimming pools), unsuitable weather conditions, fuel shortages, power cuts or other circumstances beyond our control for which the The Turquoise Collection Ltd. accepts no liability. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. shall not accept liability for loss of main services such as electricity or water supplies, nor any actions taken in the vicinity of the property by any authority over which there is no control. Refunds or compensation would not be payable and cancellation charges would still apply.
In addition no liability can be accepted by the Turquoise Collection Ltd. for any injury, loss or damage to the Holidaymaker, any member of the Holidaymaker's Party or any visitor to the rental property, arising out of or in connection with the use of the rental property or the pool. The Holidaymaker must ensure that all Children in their party are supervised at all times whilst in or around the pool. You hereby waive all rights of recourse against The Turquoise Collection Ltd. and/or any of their subsidiaries as to any incidental or consequential damage or loss of whatsoever nature occurred during the performance of any service rendered by The Turquoise Collection Ltd. or during your respective rental period either arising from or anyhow related to the use of the property and rental period which you may suffer and commit to hold harmless The Turquoise Collection Ltd. against any claims, actions, law suits or proceedings carried out by any third party or its successor for any damage, loss, bodily injury or death claimed to occur by reason of or connected with The Turquoise Collection Ltd. and/or any of their subsidiaries.
No Liability can be accepted by The Turquoise Collection Ltd. when the contract is affected by force majeure. In the context of these terms and conditions 'force majeure' is any event that we or any of our suppliers could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. These events include, but are not limited to; War, threat of War, riot, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, industrial dispute, natural disasters, acts of god, terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, the act of any government or other national or local authority, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather, sea and ice conditions, government action, technical problems with transportation or any other events beyond our control.
Internet Access & WiFi
Internet access and Wi-Fi is available when stated in the relevant accommodation description. Please note there may be restrictions with the availability and speed of the service transmitted by the local provider and technical issues may cause temporary withdrawal of internet facilities. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. are unable to accept responsibility for any down time or consequences of using this service and refund/compensation cannot be offered due to circumstances beyond our control.
Number of Nights
Out of Season Bookings
The 'Season' in Kalkan runs from 15th May to 15th October.
In Turkey, all work by private construction companies, in places designated as tourist areas, is prohibited between 15th May and 15th October. In previous years some builders have agreed to finish sooner, at the request of the local Belediye, but they have a right to continue until the official deadline. Until the 15th May, construction work, some of which may be noisy, is permitted between the hours of 8am and 8pm.
If the Holidaymaker wishes to make a booking outside of the 'Season', it is possible that construction projects may be going on in the area. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. will endeavour to inform the Holidaymaker of this and The Turquoise Collection Ltd. will only take bookings out of season where there is no known building work going on nearby or it is expected to be completed by the holiday start date. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. cannot be expected to know the timings and exact locations of every building project in Kalkan and so bookings outside the 'season' cannot be guaranteed to be unaffected by construction works.
Our Price Guarantee
Cancellation policy Villas and Apartments
Date Cancellation Received: Charge Payable:
Cancellations Made By Us
If you make changes to your booking
Website and brochure Accuracy
The information and prices shown on this website and in our PDF brochure may have changed by the time you come to book your arrangements. Although The Turquoise Collection Ltd. make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information and prices at the time of publishing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check the price and all other details of your chosen arrangements with us at the time of booking. All information in this website and our brochure has been compiled from up to date details and we have taken care to ensure that it is accurate. There may however be occasions when an advertised facility is either modified or not available. Such situations may be dictated by local circumstances, necessity for maintenance, water shortages, unsuitable weather conditions, fuel shortages, power cuts and other circumstances beyond our control. If we are advised of this, then we will of course inform you as soon as possible, but we cannot be held liable in such circumstances. It is also important to remember that some facilities, such as shops, restaurants, communal pools, water sports and water parks etc may not operate at all times.
Furniture may sometimes vary from brochure or website photographs. If a particular facility offered in our villa is essential to the booking of your holiday, please ensure that we are made aware of this at the time of booking. Please note that at all times, the information on our website supersedes that in our brochure.
Transfers and Car Hire
If you book transfers through The Turquoise Collection Ltd., your contract will be with the transfer provider and no one else. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. act only as booking agent for the transfer provider. The transfer provider's terms and conditions will apply to your contract and are available upon request. As a booking agent, our responsibilities are limited to making your booking in accordance with your instructions. We cannot accept any liability for the transfers, for any information concerning the transfers and which we pass on to you in good faith, for the performance of your contract by the transfer provider or for the acts or omissions of the transfer provider or any of its employees, agents or suppliers or any other person or party in any way connected with the transfers. All relevant documentation will be sent to you via email, it is important to check carefully all the details of your booking once you receive it. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. will not be responsible for any information you do not receive, as a result of your failure to provide a valid e-mail address.
Any claim for damages, injury, illness or death arising from your journey must be brought against the transfer provider and will be under the jurisdiction of the law of the country in which the transfer is provided. Please note the transfer provider will always aim to drop and/or collect you as close to your accommodation as possible. In some instances it may not always be possible for the vehicle to take you onto the premises due to circumstances outside of the transfer provider's control.
- Drivers holding a photo card British driving licence must also present the paper endorsement sheet that was issued with the licence.
- It is the drivers responsibility to ensure that he/she has the appropriate driving licence.
- Our reservations agent must be informed of any endorsements on the drivers licence as we may not be able to make your booking.
- No refunds will be given for rentals rejected due to non production of a driving licence or non disclosed endorsements.
- Faxed or photocopied licences are not acceptable.
Excursions & Activities
We may provide you with information (on our website, in our brochure and/or when you are on holiday) about activities and excursions which are available in the area you are visiting but which you cannot book with us in the UK.
We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are neither run, supervised nor controlled in any way by The Turquoise Collection Ltd. They are provided by local operators or other third parties who are entirely independent of us. They do not form any part of your contract with us even where we suggest particular operators/other third parties and/or assist you in booking such activities or excursions in any way. Where we or any of our local representatives make or take any booking for or from you in respect of any activity or excursion, we do so solely as booking agent for the organiser or operator of the activity or excursion. This is the case regardless of whether the activity or excursion is advertised or mentioned in our brochure, on our website, in resort, or elsewhere. Your contract for any such activity or excursion will be with the organiser or operator of that activity or excursion, and subject to their terms and conditions, and to local law and jurisdiction.
The Turquoise Collection Ltd. cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions. We cannot guarantee accuracy at all times of information given in relation to such activities or excursions or about the resort/area you are visiting generally, or that any particular excursion or activity which does not form part of our contract will take place as these services are not under our control. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. have no liability for any such activity or excursion or for any act(s) or omission(s) of the organiser or operator or for any of its/their employees or agents or any other person(s) connected with the activity or excursion.
Please note: we only act as booking agent where our local representatives have been formally authorised by us to sell or book the activity or excursion in question. Our local representatives are instructed not to sell or book any activity, excursion or other service which they have not been formally authorised to sell or book. We do not act as booking agent and have no other connection with or responsibility or liability for any activity or excursion where this is not the case. Any advice or assistance on or with any activity or excursion provided by any local representative does not mean or imply that the activity or excursion is sold by the local representative or ourselves or that any such advice or assistance is given on our behalf.
Some facilities, activities and excursions could involve an element of risk. These activities, facilities and excursions are neither run nor controlled by The Turquoise Collection Ltd. If you wish to participate, purchase or make use of any optional activities, facilities or excursions, we regret that The Turquoise Collection Ltd. cannot accept liability in relation to these. The contract for the provision of that activity, facility or excursion will be between you and that provider. Usually these locally paid for activities, facilities and excursions will be subject to local law and jurisdiction. The discretion to partake in any such activities, facilities, or excursions is entirely at your own risk. You are responsible for taking sensible precautions for your own safety and for the safety of any children or family members for whom you are responsible. Please liaise with the supplier of the facility, activity or excursion for the Terms and Conditions of your activity, facility or excursion which will govern your contract.
We take full responsibility for ensuring proper security measures are in place to protect your personal information under the GDPR. The booking information that you provide us will be passed on only to the persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements. The information may therefore, be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us, such as; details of any disabilities, dietary or religious requirements. In making the booking you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. The Turquoise Collection Ltd. may also contact you from time to time with details of any special offers we may have available. You can choose to opt out of this if you wish.
We hope your holiday arrangements run as smoothly as possible and you enjoy your time abroad, however if you feel the need to complain we recommend that you immediately inform our staff in resort, whilst you are abroad. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. In the event that a complaint cannot be resolved at the time, you must follow this up in writing immediately upon return to the UK (or at the very latest within 7 days). The Turquoise Collection Ltd. shall be entitled to a reasonable period of time within which to investigate and respond to any written complaint received from the Holidaymaker. Failure to take these steps will hinder our ability to resolve the problem and/or investigate it fully.